How to Take Care of Your Face Naturally?
Updated: Aug 14, 2020
With the cost of cosmetics going up and the use of chemical ingredients on the rise, a question arises: How to take care of your face naturally? Facial appearance is arguably the most important aspect of beauty, considering that your face is the first thing people see and judge you by. Many people are, therefore, quick to purchase the latest facial product in the market that promises to make your face beautiful and spotless. Provided you’re using an effective and benign product, there’s nothing wrong with that. However, we tend to forget that the first step toward a radiant face is not in using these sophisticated products. Rather, it’s in the simple and natural methods of taking skin care, some of which include:
Following a Daily Skincare Routine
We are all aware of how important it is to care for the skin. There’s even a common acronym we use; the CTM technique (Cleanser-Toner-Moisturize). However, how consistent are we in following these guidelines? Do you frequently forget to take your makeup off before you sleep just because you’re so tired? All these contribute to the gradual degradation of the skin. Here are some things that you should consider doing every day:
1) Always wash your face when you wake up in the morning with warm water and a gentle cleanser.
Buy on Amazon: Organic Facial Cleanser
2) Adopt an alcohol-free toner into your lifestyle: Alcoholic toners excessively dry the skin. Using the appropriate toner to wash your face will help remove impurities from your skin and help balance its pH level.
3) Make use of SFP every day: The UV radiation from the sun causes your face to age. That’s why overexposure to the sun is a bad idea. SFP products help to protect your face from the sun’s radiation. If you’re going to be outdoor for a long period, you should apply SFP every two hours.
4) Avoid Touching your face: We touch dirty objects at all times. When we touch our faces, we transfer these germs to our faces. This can result in irritations. That’s also why you should thoroughly wash your hands before applying makeup or moisturizers to your face.
5) Exfoliate when required: Based on the type of your skin, you should exfoliate to remove dead skin cells from your face.
6) Apply moisturizer before going to bed to keep your skin nourished overnight.
Adopting a Healthier Lifestyle
You cannot just focus on caring for the skin while neglecting other parts of your body. The body is a single-engine where every individual part plays a crucial role in your overall well-being. That’s why you should adopt the following skin care tips:
1) Exercise regularly: Exercise improves blood circulation in the body. Even more importantly, try out facial exercises to tone the muscles in your face.
2) Eat healthy: Eating lots of fruits and vegetables will supply your skin with the basic nutrients and vitamins it requires.
3) Quit smoking: Excessive smoking causes the skin around your mouth to sag and wrinkle while darkening the lips and gums. All these lead to an accelerated skin aging process.
4) Use a clean pillowcase: A dirty pillowcase transfers germs to your face. If possible you should sleep on your back to avoid putting pressure on your face.
5) Treat Skin infections promptly: One common facial infection is acne. After cleansing your face, apply a lotion with benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide is effective in treating bacterial infections. Resist the urge to pop up pimples once they appear on your face.
6) Balance your skin with face mask: Although there are various face mask products in the market, you can try making yours from natural ingredients like honey, avocado, and oats.
Your face is really important to you because, in a huge way, it defines who you are. That’s why you should adopt these strategies to help take care of that valuable member of your body. And since we have all different skin types, the key, ultimately, is to figure out what bests for you!
Buy on Amazon: Organic Facial Cleanser